Art for Work – October 19, 2017
5:30-7:30pm at OfficeScapes, 1445 Market Street, Denver
We are accepting applications for our annual Art for Work show. We especially encourage artists with disabilities to apply. Submitting this application does not guarantee acceptance into the show. There is no fee to enter. Artists are encouraged to attend the event.
Application deadline: September 15, 2017
Acceptance notification: September 30, 2017
Types of art: Paintings, photography, drawings, mixed media, sculpture. No pottery or jewelry. All art must be original work created by the artist. Artists applying must be at least 16 years of age.
- About your art:
- ARTWORK shall not stereotype or promote views and ideas which are likely to promote discrimination, contempt or hatred for any person on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, age, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, receipt of public assistance or level of literacy.
- ARTWORK must be framed and ready to hang i.e. having a wire, on the back of frame, to easily hang from the picture hooks. Canvas art does not need to be framed.
- ARTWORK must have a label on the back with the artist’s name and title of the artwork.
- Maximum size for paintings and other framed pieces 36 x 48 inches.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces.
- Art delivery and pick-up
- Artists are requested to deliver all works to OfficeScapes on 1445 Market Street, Denver on October 18, between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. Bayaud staff will be on hand to help unload vehicles at the delivery entrance in the back of the building.
- We request that all unsold artwork be picked up right after the show, or the next day, Oct. 20, 2017 between 9:00 and 11:00 am at OfficeScapes on 1445 Market Street, Denver.
- Please contact Kathy McCall for special arrangements if you are unable to drop off and pick up at the dates and times as outlined above. email@example.com
- Art Installation:
- Bayaud staff and volunteers will be responsible for layout and hanging of the art in the exhibition space.
- Artists display their art at their own discretion. Bayaud Enterprises, its staff, and volunteers are not responsible for any lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise diminished art.
- Silent Auction:
- Art displayed will be sold in a Silent Auction. Art has to be priced at a minimum starting bid of $75 and not higher than $500.
- Artists will receive 60% of the sale price – Bayaud retains a 40% commission. However, we do appreciate 100% donations. If you would like to donate your artwork, please indicate it on the form below.
- All payments will be routed through Bayaud Enterprises. Artists will be issued a check when all payments have cleared, generally within 14 business days. Only credit cards and checks will be accepted for payment. No cash.
- Art sales of any work on display at the Bayaud art show MUST be made through Bayaud Enterprises.